Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Day 11: Wednesday 5/18/11

Today we woke up bright and early to head to Santiago, the capital of Chile! It was about a 2 hour bus ride to get there.When we got there Camilo and Javiar took us to Bolsa, which is the Chilean stock exchange of Santiago. We had a presentation on the basics of their stock exchange, but unfortunately could not view the trading room because it was under construction. So because the presentation was shorter than expected we walked around Santiago for a bit. We went to a museum (not sure of the name we kind of just wandered in) and that was awesome to see all the cool artwork and structures. Then we ventured into a church, and this was the most ornate, decorated church I have ever seen. I was in awe. No one else seemed to be in as much awe as me about the church, I even told Javiar I wanted to get married in the church. He told me I should, but I figured my family didn't want to fly all the way to Chile. ;) After the church we went to lunch at the central mercado, this in fish-market combined with fresh food market combined with flea market combined with restaurant! Naturally, I got fish, well, king crab to be exact. It was like a cheesy, bread-crumby, king crab casserole, and it was delicious. After lunch we went to the top of this huge mountain (on our bus-a little scary) and looked out upon Santiago. Let me tell you, Santiago is the biggest city I have ever seen. It went on for MILES. From the top of the mountain we could see out in ALL directions and in ALL directions was pure city. Yet, their was a visible smog from the pollution and dirt of the city. On top of the mountain were more touristy vendor shops that we all went shopping at. I got something for my brother! On the way home everyone was very tried and feel right asleep. Tonight we are going out together for our final nights here in Chile.

No comments:

Post a Comment